Fragment of the Praktikon of the village Palaiokastron in the possession of the Monastery of Iviron on Mount Athos

Description

The Fragment of the Praktikon of the village Palaiokastron in the possession of the Monastery of Iviron on Mount Athos records the taxes and the parokoi households in the year 1320.

Relations

References (1)
Name Class Pages Description
Actes d'Iviron III Edition 240-251 Actes d'Iviron III. De 1204 à 1328 (ed. Jacques Lefort/Nicolas Oikonomidès/Denise Papachryssanthou/Vassiliki Kravari/Hélène Métrévéli, Archives de l'Athos 18, Paris 1994).
Places (5)
Name Class Begin End Description
Koklizion Place 01.03.1320 31.03.1320 The village of Koklizion is mentioned in the fragment of the Praktikon from 1320 listing the holdings of the Iberon Monastery in Palaiokastron (Veljusa) and its surroundings (Δραγοσθλάβος ὁ υἱὸς τοῦ Σμόλη γαμβροῦ τοῦ Βελιαρᾶ προσκαθήμενος εἰς τὸ Κοκλίζιον).
Mostenitza Place between 07.07.1152 and 30.06.1283 between 01.03.1320 and 31.03.1320 In the praktikon from 1152 for the Monastery of Eleousa outside Strumica the Metochion in Mustanitza is mentioned (μετοχίου τῆς Μοστενίτζης). The Byzantine Emperor Andronikos II. Palaiologos confirmed, that the fields in Mustanitza were in the possession of the Iberon Monastery on Mount Athos (τὰ εἰς τὴν Στρούμμιτζαν, εἰς τὸ χωρίον τὴν Μου̣στάνιτζαν, χωράφια αὐτῶν). The Byzantine Co-Emperor Michael IX. Palaiologos confirmed the possession of the Iberon Monastery over the fields in Mustanitza (ὁμοίως καὶ τὰ εἰς τὴν Στρούμμιτζαν, εἰς τὸ χωρίον τὴν Μονστάνιτζαν, χωράφια αὐτῶν, ἅπερ κατέχουσιν ἔκπαλαι). The piece of land in Mustanitza is mentioned in the fragment of the Praktikon from 1320 listing the holdings of the Iberon Monastery in Palaiokastron (Veljusa) and its surroundings (γῆ ἡ καλουμένη Μοσθεανίτζα).
Porodemos Place between 01.03.1320 and 31.03.1320 between 01.01.1570 and 31.12.1573 The village of Porodemos is mentioned twice in the fragment of the Praktikon from 1320 listing the holdings of the Iberon Monastery in Palaiokastron (Veljusa) and its surroundings (εἰς τὸν Πορό̣δημον). The village of Porodemos is registered in the Defters for the Sanjak Köstendil from 1570 to 1573 as mezra Porodim.
Strumica, Church Hagioi Dekapente Place 01.03.1320 31.03.1320 The Church of Holy Fifteen Martyrs from Tiberiopolis is mentioned three times in the fragment of the Praktikon from 1320 listing the holdings of the Iberon Monastery in Palaiokastron (Veljusa) and its surroundings (πλησίον τῶν Ἁγίων Δεκαπέντε μοδίων λδʹ; πλησίον τῶν Ἁγίων Δεκαπέντε μοδίων ιθʹ; εἰς τοὺς Ἁγίους Δεκαπέντε).
Vodoča Place 01.03.1320 31.03.1320 The village of Vodoča is mentioned in the fragment of the Praktikon from 1320 listing the holdings of the Iberon Monastery in Palaiokastron (Veljusa) and its surroundings (ἕτερον πλησίον τοῦ Ἁγίου Ἰωάννου, τῆς ὁδοῦ καὶ τῶν Βοδετζηνῶν).
Actors (1)
Name Class Begin End Relation Type Description
Kotanitzes Person He is mentioned in the Fragment of the Praktikon of the village Palaiokastron in the possession of the Monastery of Iberon on Mount Athos, which records the taxes and the parokoi households in the year 1320. His sister, at that time a nun, donated the property of Kotanitzes to the Eleousa Monastery in Strumica (καὶ ἕτερον εἰς τοὺς Ἁγίους Δεκαπέντε μέσον τῶν βʹ ὁδῶν ἀπὸ προσενέξεως μοναχῆς τῆς ἀδελφῆς τοῦ Κοτανίτζη μοδίων ιϛʹ).